Requests to review or copy Community Roots Housing public records should be made in writing. A form has been provided for your convenience and may be submitted via mail, fax, or email. Community Roots Housing can only produce records that it maintains.
At a minimum, please include the following information to assist us in fulfilling your request:
- Your name, address, telephone, and/or an email address.
- Adequate information to help us identify the public record(s) you are requesting. The more information you can present and the more detailed you are, the better our response is likely to be.
- The specific date or date range for the requested documents.
Charges for Copies of Public Records
- There will be no charge for reviewing public records in our office.
- Black and white (8.5 x 11 inch) copies will be charged at 15 cents per page.
- Mailing includes actual cost of postage and shipping container.
- Other media shall incur the actual cost of the media used.
- Records scanned into electronic format will be charged at 10 cents per page.
- There is a 5-cent charge for every four electronic files or attachments uploaded to an electronic delivery system.
- There is a 10-cent charge per gigabyte for transmitting records electronically.
- Large requests may be provided in installments.
Payments must be made payable to Community Roots Housing. We can only accept money orders or check as forms of payment at this time.
A number of public records are available online free of charge. These records include our charter, rules and regulations, resolutions, board minutes, and board agendas. View these items on our Board and Governance page.
Our response to Public Records Requests
Within 5 business days after receiving a Public Records Request, Community Roots Housing will do one or more of the following:
- Make available requested records for inspection or copying.
- Submit correspondence noting the receipt of the request and provide a reasonable estimated date of when the records will be available.
- Contact requester to clarify unclear items on the request.
- Deny the request and provide the legal exemption for the denial.
Our office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Appointments are required to review records compiled in response to a public records request.
Public Records Act
In compliance with RCW 42.56.070(9), Community Roots Housing does not disclose lists of individuals for commercial purposes. An affidavit certifying that records containing lists of individuals will not be used for commercial purposes is required prior to their release.
The Community Roots Housing Public Disclosure Officer may be reached at PublicDisclosure@communityrootshousing.org or 206-329-7303.