News & Stories

COVID-19 resources for residents

COVID-19 Vaccine Information 

The CDC and the Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup recommend a booster dose for people 18 years and older who received the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine primary series. If you’re in one of the following groups, it’s especially important to get a booster shot for the best protection against COVID-19:

  • People 18 years and older who received the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine for their primary series should get a booster shot at least two months after their last dose.
  • People who received the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for their primary series and are in the following groups should get a booster shot at least 6 months after completing the primary series (first 2 doses):
  • People 50 years and older
  • Adults 18 years and older living in long-term care settings
  • Anyone 18 years and older, but not in one of the above categories, may also get a booster dose based on their individual benefits and risks.

Here are some easy and/or free opportunities to get vaccinated:

  • The City of Seattle, Amazon, Safeway, Swedish, and Virginia Mason have partnered to host three fixed COVID-19 vaccination hubs in downtown Seattle, South Seattle, and West Seattle. Learn more at the City of Seattle COVID-19 vaccination page. (Translated content is also included.)
  • Consult with your primary care provider – if you have one – as they are very likely offering the vaccine.
  • Public Health – Seattle & King County is implementing a vaccination program for individuals in King County who are unable to leave their homes. To learn more about this program, please visit this Public Health Insider page here. To schedule an appointment, call the King County COVID-19 Call Center at (206) 477-3977 between 8:00 am and 7:00 pm, any day. Language interpretation is available.
  • Visit to find appointments throughout King County.
  • Residents can also receive assistance over the phone for any of the sites by calling the Customer Service Bureau at (206) 684-2489 or (206) 684-CITY, Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. at 5 p.m.
  • Information about the Booster Dose:
    At least six months after completing the primary Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series, the following groups of people are eligible for a booster dose:

In-Home Vaccinations Available
In-home vaccination is available for people age 12 and older who:

    • Have not yet been vaccinated AND
    • Have an injury, developmental disability or medical condition that makes it difficult to leave the home AND
    • Would require considerable and taxing effort to get vaccinated outside the home.

To request an appointment, call the King County COVID-19 Call Center at 206-477-3977, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Interpretation is available. You will be asked a few questions to confirm you are eligible for in-home vaccination.

  • The Washington Healthcare Access Alliance has created a list of free clinics in WA state organized by county. Please visit their Free and Charitable Clinics webpage.
  • Run by the organization Crisis Connection, the WA Warm Line is a confidential peer support line for those experiencing anxiety, loneliness, etc.

COVID-19 Testing Sites in King County

The City of SeattleKing County, and UW Medicine are offering free COVID-19 testing for people who live, work, or regularly visit Seattle. Drive-through and walk-up testing are available. You must first register online or over the phone. While testing is free, if you have medical insurance, please bring your insurance card or proof of insurance. Language interpretation is available. To learn more about these sites, please visit the City of Seattle COVID-19 Free Testing page.

Flu Vaccine Information 

  • Visit VaccineFinder to find flu shot options near you, including pharmacies. If you have health insurance, your flu shot will most likely be covered.
  • In Washington state, all children ages 0-18 can receive all routinely recommended vaccines, including the flu vaccine, at no cost from a healthcare provider that participates in the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program. You may be charged an administration fee, but this can be waived if cost is a barrier. There are about 300 VFC providers in King County, and most require that a child establishes care in order to get services. Find a VFC provider.
  • Several King County school districts have school based health centers (SBHC). If your child lives in a district with an SBHC, they can access vaccinations and other healthcare services. Call ahead to find out about the best time and way to come to the clinic.
  • For uninsured and underinsured individuals, visit your local Community Health Centers and some Public Health Centers to register as a client.

CRH Main Office Resources & Information for Residents

  • Offices are closed to walk-ins until further notice. The 12th Avenue Arts building is open during the weekdays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and is closed on the weekends.
  • See our July Update Letter regarding the recent changes to COVID restrictions.
  • See this flyer from early November with Mental Health Resources.
  • Residents are welcome to continue to drop off rent checks at our main office at 12th Avenue Arts. There is a rent drop box next to Suite 205. Please make sure to write your building name and unit number on your rent checks.
  • Isolation and Quarantine Center: This center is available for anyone who can’t safely self-quarantine or isolate in their own home or do not have a home. The Isolation and Quarantine Center offers shelter and other services to guests to provide basic needs. Check out the King County Cultivating Connections blog post to learn more.
For New Resources in Real Time
This list above is not an extensive list of all resources available to the public. Follow these accounts/websites for real-time updates in resources and news:
Unemployment Resources
  • If you have lost your job due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits. Please visit the WA Employment Security Dept. website or call their claims center (800-318-6022) to see if you are eligible.
  • In the midst of COVID-19, there are many jobs that are in critical need of workers. WorkSource has compiled a list of job openings that have an urgent need to be filled for grocery stores, cleaning companies, health care, government services, and others.
  • If you applied for unemployment benefits and you were denied, you can contact the Unemployment Law Project to get free advice or free/low-cost legal representation.
Food Resources
  • Fresh Bucks is getting ready for the next enrollment cycle! The Public Lottery application opens on October 11, 2021 at 9 a.m. For more information on how to apply please click on the following link:
  • United Way of King County is partnering with Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) and Seattle Public Schools to offer free home delivery of meals for youth who live in specific Seattle neighborhoods. Families living at the High Point, New Holly, and Rainier Vista SHA properties are eligible to receive breakfast and lunch daily, Monday to Friday, through a no-contact delivery. To request home delivery of meals, fill out this online form or call (503) 395-7697.
  • Pandemic EBT – Funds for Groceries. Families with children enrolled in free and reduced-price lunch at Seattle Public Schools will start receiving a benefit called Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) by April 2021. Learn more on Seattle Public Schools website or by calling the P-EBT Contact Center at 1 (833) 518-0282 (interpretation is available). Information will also be available on the OSPI P-EBT website in Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Khmer (Cambodian), Punjabi, Somali, Ukranian, Amharic, Farsi, Taglog, Tigrinya, and Laotia
  • Seattle Human Services Department’s Aging and Disability Services division funds year-round meals at senior centers and other venues that have been suspended due to COVID-19.  Home-delivered meals (e.g., Meals on Wheels) are an option for individuals age 60+ who are unable to leave their homes. Contact Community Living Connections at 1-844-348-5464 (toll-free) to get connected to services in Seattle and King County.
Utility Resources
  • The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. Eligible households can receive up to a $50/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals.
  • The Utility Discount Program (UDP) lowers Seattle City Light bills by 60% and Seattle Public Utility bills by 50%. Income-eligible residential customers can self-certify to join UDP and access heavily discounted utilities by simply signing a short form that attests to their household income, rather than having to provide income documentation. To learn more about enrollment in UDP, call (206) 684-0268 or email or visit the Utility Discount Program page.
  • The Washington State Department of Commerce is providing up to $1,000 in rental assistance and up to $500 in energy assistance for households that qualify for the federal Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). You can find the nearest agency accepting applications here.
  • All SPU and SCL customers can set up deferred payment plans if their financial stability has been jeopardized by COVID-19. Utility service will stay on as their deferred payment plans are developed and implemented. Visit the City of Seattle website for more information.
  • Comcast Internet Essentials Program is offering two free months of internet as a response to COVID-19 till end of 2020. Residents can sign up for the program on the Comcast Internet Essentials Website.
Relief Funds
  • The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is administering the Disaster Cash Assistance Program (DCAP) in response to the COVID-19 emergency. DCAP is designed to provide emergency assistance with natural disasters in mind, like wildfires and flooding and is now available due to the COVID-19 pandemic. DCAP is available for one month, in a 12-month period, to all Washington families and individuals, who meet income and resource rules and who are not eligible other cash programs. You can apply by calling (877) 501-2233, (where operators have access to interpreters) or by applying online at
  • Rent Relief Fund, launched by Esusu Rent, designed to help renters adversely impacted by COVID-19. Tenants can apply here with the referral code HPN20 to be considered for an interest-free loan. You can find more details on the opportunity in Esusu’s FAQs here or feel free to reach out to Esusu Rent at
  • Federal Student Loans Relief *UPDATED* The federal government has waived payments and interest for many student loan borrowers. On Aug. 6, 2021, the U.S. Department of Education announced a final extension of the student loan payment pause until Jan. 31, 2022. For details, please see this Department of Education release here.

Emergency Broadband Internet Program

The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. If your household is eligible, you can receive:

  • Up to a $50/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
  • Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
  • A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)

Apply for this program here.

Copyright © 2024 Community Roots Housing     Site Map